Terpinen-4-ol is a kind of natural terpene alcohol isolated from Turpentine, Lavender Oil and fruits. Terpinen-4-ol also can be synthesized from Terpinolene 4, 8-epoxide or 1,4-Cineole.
It appears pale yellow viscous liquid with mild earthy and woody odor.
It has natural spice aromas that is usually used in essential oil recipes.
On the other hand, Terpinen-4-ol has strong effects of disinfection, sterilization and antisepsis, so it can also be used as natural disinfectant to treat illness and hurts.
|Synonyms||4-Terpinenol | Terpinenol-4 |ρ-1-Menthen-4-ol|
Application & Uses
- used in body lotions and cleaners
- used in flavors such as mints
- used in intermediate to Antibacterial agents
- used in preservatives
- used in reconstitutions of essential oils such as lavender and geranium
- used in shampoos
- used in soaps
- used in solvent
- used in spices and fruity citrus
Features & Benefits
|Apearance||Slightly yellow viscous liquid|
|Odor||Mild earthy, woody, musty, peppery|
|Refractive Index, Ｎ20/d||1.475~1.485|
|Density, D20/4, g/ml||0.928~0.941|
|Optical Rotation, °||-0.5~+0.5|
|Content, GC||95% min|
- Galvanized Iron Drum (new), 200kg net each
GHS Hazard Statements
- containers which are opened must be carefully resealed and kept upright to prevent leakage.
- keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.
- store in cool place.
- store under inert gas. Air sensitive
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P301+P312+P330 P302+P352 P304+P340+P312 P305+P351+P338 P332+P313 P337+P313 P370+P378|
|Storage||P403+P233 P403+P235 P405|
- Terpinen-4-ol and alpha-terpineol (tea tree oil components) inhibit the production of IL-1beta, IL-6 and IL-10 on human macrophages
- R&D on Terpinen-4-ol
- Biological function and mechanism of plant extracts(2)
- Development & Application of Plant Extracts Biopesticides and the Active Ingredients
- Herbicidal composition and method
- Insecticidal and synergistic effects of Majoranahortensis essential oil and some of its major constituents
- The Antitranspirant Adjuvants Also Effect The Plant Diseases Control
- Terpinen-4-ol is the Most Active Ingredient of Tea Tree Oil to Kill Demodex Mites
- Benefits of lemon essential oil and its practical formulation
- Dipentene, an effective, safe, biodegradable cleaning and degreasing material
- PINEYE® Emulsion: A new green antitranspirant adjuvant and its effect on plant diseases control
- Terpenes from Forests and Human Health
- Ten questions concerning air fresheners and indoor built environments
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required