Terpineol is naturally found in pine oil, lavender oil, orange leaf oil, neroli oil and other plant oils. α-terpineol, β-terpineol, γ-terpineol, and terpinen-4-ol are four isomers of terpineol. α-terpineol is the major component.
Terpineol is a viscous liquid with pine like and clove like odor, but is easy to crystallize.
There are two methods for preparing terpineol. The two-step preparation process is to use α-pinene as raw material to produce terpineol through hydration under acidic conditions. The one-step method is to directly prepare terpineol by hydration reaction.
Terpineol is widely used in fragrance formulation, especially in soaps and synthetic detergents.
85% Terpineol has high purity can kill germs and is used as a disinfectant in cleaning formulas. Click to learn about cleaning solution.
|Synonyms||α-Terpineol | ρ-1-Menthen-8-ol|
Application & Uses
Features & Benefits
|Appearance||Transparent oily liquid|
|Relative Density, @ d20/4||≥0.920|
|Distilling Volume, 190~225°C (V/V), %||≥90|
|Terpene Alcohols, G.C, %||85|
- Galvanized Iron Drum, 150kg, 80/120 drums per 20’FCL
- Galvanized Iron Drum, 180kg, 80/120 drums per 20’FCL
GHS Hazard Statements
- keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place
- store in cool place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P302+P352 P305+P351+P338 P332+P313 P337+P313 P362+P364|
|Storage||no data available|
|Disposal||no data available|
- Efficacy of Angelica archangelica essential oil, phenyl ethyl alcohol and α- terpineol against isolated molds from walnut and their antiaflatoxigenic and antioxidant activity
- Pine Oil & Terpineol applied to disinfectants and household cleaners
- Terpinen-4-ol and alpha-terpineol (tea tree oil components) inhibit the production of IL-1beta, IL-6 and IL-10 on human macrophages
- Terpenes (C5H8)-medicinal molecules and important building blocks in nature
- How does pine oil work in disinfectant cleaners?
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required