Products & Informations
Turpentine (also called spirit of turpentine, oil of turpentine, and wood turpentine) is a fluid obtained by the distillation of resin obtained from live trees, mainly pines. It is composed of terpenes, mainly the monoterpenes alpha-pinene and beta-pinene with lesser amounts of carene, camphene, dipentene, and terpinolene. It is sometimes colloquially known as turps.
APPLICATIONS & USES
- used in solvent and as a source of materials for organic synthesis. As a solvent, turpentine is used for thinning oil-based paints, for producing varnishes, and as a raw material for the chemical industry. Its industrial use as a solvent in industrialized nations has largely been replaced by the much cheaper turpentine substitutes distilled from crude oil.
- used in a source of raw materials in the synthesis of fragrant chemical compounds. Commercially used camphor, linalool, alpha-terpineol, and geraniol are all usually produced from alpha-pinene and beta-pinene, which are two of the chief chemical components of turpentine. These pinenes are separated and purified by distillation. The mixture of diterpenes and triterpenes that is left as residue after turpentine distillation is sold as rosin.
- used in medicinal elixir.
- added to many cleaning and sanitary products due to its antiseptic properties and its “clean scent”.
- ingredient of natural plant solvent
Packing in galvanized iron drum of about 175kg net each, 80drums/14000kg or per 20’ft container.
Packing in 1000L IBC drum, 18IBC drums per 20’ft container
Packing in ISO Tank of 20000KGS
- avoid all possible sources of ignition (spark or flame)
- keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area
- keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use
- store in a segregated and approved area
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P302+P352 P305+P351+P338 P332+P313 P337+P313 P362+P364|
|Storage||no data available|
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.