Veratraldehyde is a crystalline solid with a woody, vanillalike odor.
Veratraldehyde can be prepared by methylation of vanillin or by methylation of vanillin and dimethyl sulfate. It is also found in peppermint, ginger, raspberry, and other fruits.
It is used in oriental and warm, woody fragrances, as well as in flavor compositions for vanilla notes.
|Synonyms||Vanilline Methyl Ether | Methyl Vanilline | 3,4-Dimethoxybenzaldehyde | Veratric aldehyde|
Application & Uses
- Used as an antifungal agent
- Used as a flavorant and odorant
- Used in pharmaceutical industry to synthesize methyldopa
- Used in the production of veterinary drug sulfonamide synergist.
- Used for the synthesis of antibiotic drugs.
Features & Benefits
|Appearance||White to yellow sheet crystal|
|Assay, @GC, %||99 min|
|Odor||A woody, vanillalike odor|
- Cardboard barrel, 25kg net each. Lined with polythene plastic
GHS Hazard Statements
- the temperature should not exceed 37 °C
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P301+P312+P330 P302+P352 P332+P313 P362+P364|
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required