Vanillin is an organic compound naturally occurring in vanilla. It is white to pale yellow needle crystal with milky and vanilla aroma. The so-called natural vanillin is prepared by isomerization and oxidation of eugenol. The synthetic vanillin is prepared by nitroso process.
Synthetic vanillin is usually classified into methyl vanillin and ethyl vanillin. Methyl vanillin is white or yellowish crystal with vanilla and rich milky odor. It is the main ingredient of creamy vanilla essence. Ethyl vanillin is a white to yellowish needle crystal or crystalline powder with vanilla bean odor. Vanillin is widely used in the flavor and fragrance formulation.
|Vanillin Crystal | 2-Methoxy-4-formylphenol | Vanilla
Application & Uses
- used as main flavor components of milk flavor and other flavors like violet, orchid, sunflower and oriental flavor
- used as pharmaceutical intermediates, such as the production of antihypertensive drugs methyldopa, catechol drugs dopa, as well as Baineidian, Dichlorpheniram, etc.
- used as perfume fixatives, modifiers and mixtures with jasmine aldehyde, coumarin, musk, etc.
- used in analytical Chemistry for testing protein azadiene, resorcinol and tannic acid
- used as standard reagent for organic analysis
|Loss on drying, %
|Soluble in 2 volumes of 95% ethanol
|Purity , G.C, %
- Iron Drum, 25kg net each
- Iron Drum, 50kg net each
GHS Hazard Statements
|P305+P351+P338 P312 P337+P313
|No data available
- moisture proof, light proof
- avoid being stored in iron containers
- protect from light and keep containers closed, Avoid contamination from other special smell
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required