Benzaldehyde presents naturally in bitter almond oil, patchouli oil, and hyacinth oil. It appears colorless liquid with a characteristic almond-like odor. There are three methods to synthesize benzaldehyde: toluene oxidation, catalytic dehydrogenation of benzyl alcohol, and hydrolysis of dichlorobenzyl methane.
Benzaldehyde is widely used in chemical industry, especially in the preparation of perfumes, flavorings, and pharmaceuticals.
|Synonyms||Artificial Almond Oil | benzenecarbonal | Benzoic aldehyde|
Application & Uses
- used as the agent of Painkillers, antipyretics, and sedatives.
- used as food additives for baked goods, soft drinks and sugar. In America and Europe market, it is widely used in marzipan, kind of soft sweets.
- used as tanning agent
- used as antiseptic and antibacterial aromatizer
- used as dyes and brighteners
- used as ingredients of perfume and essential oil with relaxing bitter almond aroma.
- used as plasticizer
Features & Benefits
|Appearance||Colorless liquid with a characteristic almond-like odor|
|Content, %||99.0 min|
|Density, @20℃||1.044 to 1.049|
|Acidity, As Benzoic Acid, %||1.0 max|
|Color, @Hazen||50 max|
|Chloride, ppm||500 max|
- Drum, 200kg net each
GHS Hazard Statements
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P301+P312+P330 P302+P352 P304+P340+P312 P305+P351+P338 P332+P313 P337+P313 P370+P378|
|Storage||P403+P233 P403+P235 P405|
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required