p-Anisic acid, also called 4-methoxybenzoic acid or draconic acid, is one of the isomers of anisic acid. It appears white to slight yellowish powder.
p-Anisic acid is found naturally in anise. It is also prepared by chemical synthesis from natural anethole.
p-Anisic acid has antiseptic properties. It is widely used as an intermediate in the preparation of more complex organic compounds.
|Synonyms||Draconic Acid | para-Methoxybenzoic Acid | 4-Anisic acid | 4-Methoxybenzoic acid|
Application & Uses
- used as a pharmaceutical intermediate to produce 3-Amino-4-methoxybenzoic acid and 4-methoxybenzoyl chloride etc.
- used as fine chemical raw material to produce aromatics, cosmetics, etc.
- used in many organic syntheses
- used as intermediate in the dye industry
Features & Benefits
- Dissolve in alcohol, ether, chloroform and ethyl acetate, slightly soluble in hot water, water solubility of 20 DEG C for 0.3 g/L
|Appearance||White to slight yellowish powder|
|Odor||Sweet flower odor|
|Content, @HPLC, %||99 min|
|Content of Water, %||1 max|
|Arsenic (As), mg/kg||3 max|
|Heavy metals (Pb), mg/kg||10 max|
- Fiber Drum, 25kg net each
GHS Hazard Statements
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|H-Code||no data available|
|P-Code||no data available|
|Response||no data available|
|Storage||no data available|
|Disposal||no data available|
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required