alpha-Methylcinnamaldehyde (Methyl Cinnamic Aldehyde Alpha) is a yellow liquid with a spicy, cinnamon odor.
alpha-Methylcinnamaldehyde is used in many industries such as Flavor & Fragrance, Aromatic, Perfumery, Cosmetics, Soap Detergent, also used for various kinds of daily flavor,food and beverage flavor.
|Synonyms||alpha-Methylcinnimal | α-Methylcinnamalde | Methyl Cinnamic Aldehyde Alpha|
Application & Uses
- used in balsamic compounds, for cosmetics and perfumery,
- used in spice blends for chewing gum, soaps, mouth wash, detergents, shampoo, fine fragrances etc.
- used in various kinds of daily flavor, food flavor, and is used to prepare jasmine, liulan, lilac, etc., with a constant dosage of 2-10% in soap flavor and up to 30-35% in special cases.
- used as intermediate for dyestuffs and drugs such as Epalrestat
Features & Benefits
- Use level:
- Fragrance up to 10%
- Flavor up to 450 ppm, such like chewing gums
|Appearance||Pale yellow to yellow clear liquid (est)|
|Assay, %||95 min|
|Refractive Index, @20.00 °C||1.60200 to 1.60700|
|Acid Value, KOH/g||5.00 max|
- Galvanized Iron Drum, 180kg net each
GHS Hazard Statements
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required