Products & Informations
Ethyl cinnamate is the ester of cinnamic acid and ethanol. It is present in the essential oil of cinnamon. It can be produced by the esterification between cinnamic acid and ethanol with the presence of sulfuric acid or the reaction between benzaldehyde and ethyl acetate.
Pure ethyl cinnamate has a “fruity and balsamic odor, reminiscent of cinnamon with an amber note” which is widely used in flavor formulation of some berry flavors.
APPLICATIONS & USES
- used in fruity flavor formulation, such as cherry, grape, and peach flavor
- used as a fixative and aromatics modifier in flavoring
- used in the formulation of rose, citrus, and oriental type fragrance
- used as raw material in the production of medicine
- used as pharmaceutical intermediate
- Soluble in alcohol,fixed oils,water, 160.6 mg/L @ 25 °C (est)
|LD50 oral, rat||4gm/kg|
|LD50 dermal, rabbit||5gm/kg min|
- Drum, 200kg net each
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.