Products & Informations
Isolongifolanone is a mixture of isomer liquid with persistent woody and earthy odors, and it smells like the odor of patchouli and rock orchid. There are two preparation methods. One is to isomerize longifolene, the sesquiterpenes composition of heavy turpentine oil, into Isolongifolene under acidic conditions, and then through Hydrogen peroxide oxidation reaction in the presence of formic acid to produce Isolongifolanone. The other preparation process of Isolongifolanone is to oxidize low concentration hydrogen peroxide in the presence of formic acid. It is widely used in fragrance formulation.
According to U.S. Patent No.3718698 that Isolongifolanone can be oxidized with sodium dichromate in acetic acid to provide a mixture of saturated and unsaturated ketones. It was further suggested in this Netherlands specification that the mixture of compounds so obtained could be used in perfume compositions. The mixture so formed contained relatively small amounts of saturated ketone.
The other process is the preparation of a sesquiterpene ketone, e.g. cedranone, isolongifolanone and thujopsanone, wherein a C15H24 sesquiterpene hydrocarbon having an endocyclic double bond, e.g. cedrene, isolongifolene and thujopsene, is reacted with hydrogen peroxide in the presence of a C1-5 alkyl formate. ( learn more about U.K.Patent No.1434035 )
APPLICATIONS & USES
1. used in flavor formula of daily products, such as perfume soap, cosmetics
2. used as an important synthetic intermediate of Acetyl Isolongifolene, Picomate, Isolongifolene and other ambergris flavors
3. used as a bridged core to prepare a chiral ligand for the estrogen receptor to prevent and treat breast cancer, and for menopausal hormone replacement
4. used as a natural insecticide and pesticide
5. used as sesquiterpene repellent of ticks and mosquitoes
|LD50 oral, rat||5g/kg min|
|LD50 dermal, rabbit||5g/kg min|
- Galvanized Iron Drum, 180kg net each
- containers which are opened must be carefully resealed and kept upright to prevent leakage
- keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place
- store in cool place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P302+P352 P321 P332+P313 P362+P364 P333+P313 P391|
|Storage||no data available|
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.