Products & Informations
β-Ionone is a clear slightly yellow to yellow liquid with a characteristic violet-like odor, more fruity and woody than α-ionone. It’s soluble in ethanol, diethyl ester and dichloromethane, slightly soluble in water. The natural beta-ionone is found in many plants, such as violets. It is prepared by condensation of citral and acetone in dilute caustic soda solution and cycling with sulfuric acid or phosphoric acid.
Beta-ionone is mainly applied as an important raw material in pharmaceutical, especially for the production of vitamin A, vitamin E and carotene. Some recent researches demonstrate the anti-proliferative, anti-metastatic and apoptosis induction properties of beta-ionone in vitro and in vivo that can probably be used in cancer care or even treatment in the near future.
APPLICATIONS & USES
- used as flavoring and fragrance for food and cosmetic
- raw material for the synthesis of vitamin A
- pharmaceutical intermediate
- used for medical treatment
|LD50 oral, rat||4590mg/kg|
- Drum, 25kg net each
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P302+P352 P312 P332+P313 P362+P364 P391|
|Storage||no data available|
S-phrases: S61-36/37/39-27-26 | R-phrases: R38;R51/53
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.