Methylionone is yellow transparent liquid with woody and floral odor.
Pseudomethylionone was synthesized by condensation of citral and butanone under alkaline conditions and then through the cyclization reaction to produce methylionone.
It is mainly used in the flavor formulation of food and beverage.
|Ionone | Methyl Ionone | alpha-Methylionone
Application & Uses
- used in fragrance formulation of daily chemicals
- used in daily and industrial flavor
- used in the production of cine film, coating solvent, parting agent and paint remover etc.
- used as intermediate in the pharmaceutical industry
Features & Benefits
- Soluble in alcohol, water, 2.98 mg/L @ 25 °C (est)
|Yellow transparent liquid
|0.924 to 0.932
|LD50 oral, rat
- Drum, 180kg net each
GHS Hazard Statements
|P302+P352 P321 P332+P313 P362+P364 P305+P351+P338 P337+P313 P391
|No data available
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required