Benzyl alcohol is a water-white liquid with a faint aromatic odor and a sharp burning taste.
In industry, it is used in the manufacture of other benzyl compounds, and in perfumery and flavoring. As a pharmaceutical product, it is used as an anti-parasite medication used to treat head lice. Benzyl alcohol is also used as a common preservative in many injectable drugs.
|Synonyms||Phenylmethanol | Phenylmethyl alcohol|
Application & Uses
- used in the manufacture of other benzyl compounds
- used in the manufacture of perfumery and flavoring
- used as an anti-parasite medication to treat head lice
- used as a common preservative in many injectable drugs
Features & Benefits
GHS Hazard Statements
- keep separated from incompatible substances
- store and handle in accordance with all current regulations and standards
- store in a cool, dry place
- store in a tightly closed container