Sucrose acetate isobutyrate (SAIB), a mixture of esters of sucrose with a composition approximating the name sucrose diacetate hexaisobutyrate, it has been used as a ‘weighting’ or ‘density-adjusting’ agent in non-alcoholic carbonated and non-carbonated beverages.
|Synonyms||SAIB | Sucrose acetoisobutyrate|
Application & Uses
- Used primarily in citrus beverages as a weighting agent or flavor emulsion stabilizer to prevent separation of essential citrus oils, Beverage emulsions-weighting agent, Color cosmetics/skincare, Flavorings, Fragrance fixative, Haircare, Coatings, Hot-melt coatings, Lacquers, Printing Inks, Wire, and Cable.
- Architectural coatings, Auto OEM, Dyes/pigments/paints, General industrial coatings, Graphic arts, Inkjet printing inks, Leather Coatings, Paints & coatings, Personal care ingredients, Process additives, Protective coatings, Wood coatings
Features & Benefits
- a stable liquid that is soluble in most alcohols, vegetable oils, flavoring oils, animal fats, and vegetable-based waxes. It has a light color, as well as good thermal, hydrolytic, and color stability.
|Appearance||Colorless to light yellow clear liquid|
|Content, %||98.8 to 101.9|
|Acid Value, mgKOH/g||0.2 max|
GHS Hazard StatementsThere is currently no available data for this product, click to view GHS Classification and Labelling by UNECE.
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required