Nerolidol is also known as peruviol and penetrol. It is a naturally occurring sesquiterpene found in the many kinds of essential oils, including neroli, oil of petitgrain, cananga oi, and jasmine oil. It appears colorless to pale yellow clear oily liquid with minty floral odor.
Nerolidol is prepared by using linalool as raw material, and convert it into geranyl acetone, and then through ethymylation and hydrogenation reaction.
It is mainly used in the fragrance formulation of luxury cosmetics.
Nerolidol has a subtle floral fragrance, this light fragrance will not be annoying to everyone. Floral scents mainly include lavender, lily, and cedar. The main notes are like valley lilies.
Nerolidol, although delicate, has a high concentration of aroma and a wide range of effects. Suitable for a variety of more volatile fragrance, can increase the depth. Nerolidol can help perfumers find their intrinsic flavoring properties!
The addition of nerolidol, though small, is 0.05% for ready-to-drink beverages or simple broths.
|Synonyms||trans-Nerolidol | Peruviol | Melaleucol | Methyl vinyl homogeranyl carbinol | Methylvinylhomogeranyl carbinol|
Application & Uses
- mainly used in the fragrance formulation of high-quality cosmetics
- used in flavoring of food and beverage
- used as the intermediate of synthetic vitamin E
- anti-fungal, antimicrobial, sedative
- anti leishmaniasis and anti-malarial properties
Features & Benefits
- Anti-ulcer activity
- Anti-cancer and anti-tumor activity
- Insect repellent activity
- Skin penetration enhancer activity
- Anti-nociceptive and anti-inflammatory activity
- Anti-parasitic activity
- Anti-fungal activity
- Anti-biofilm activity
- Anti-microbial activity
- Anti-oxidant activity
|Appearance||Colorless to pale yellow clear oily liquid|
|Specific Gravity, @25.00 °C||0.87000 to 0.87600|
|Refractive Index, @20.00 °C||1.47800 to 1.48300|
|Optical Rotation, °||-2.00 to +2.00|
|Purity, %||90 min|
- Galvanized Steel Drum, 185kg net each
GHS Hazard Statements
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P302+P352 P305+P351+P338 P333+P313 P337+P313 P391|
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required