Theanine is derived from tea leaves. Tea is native to eastern Asia and is a member of the Theaceae family. This evergreen shrub or tree grows to over 9 m in height and is pruned from 60 cm to 1.5 m for cultivation. Its dark green, serrated-edged leaves are alternate and oval, while its white and fragrant blossoms appear singly or in clusters.
The chemical has also been isolated from the edible mushroom Boletus badius. The mushroom is commonly found in late summer and autumn in the United States, and is reddish brown to dark brick/brown in color with a 4 to 12 cm tall stem. The flesh is white to yellow in color, and becomes a light blue/green color when cut or bruised.
Application & Uses
- L-theanine may help relieve stress by inducing a relaxing effect without drowsiness and may also possess immunologic attributes. Theanine may also have effects on the cardiovascular system and play a preventative role in cancer; however, limited clinical information is available to support these claims.
Features & Benefits
|Appearance||White crystalline or crystal powder|
|Refractive Index, @ n20/D||1.492|
- Fiber Drum, 25kg net each, two plastic bags inside available
GHS Hazard Statements
- containers which are opened must be carefully resealed and kept upright to prevent leakage
- keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place
- store in cool place
- stored in a well-closed container away from moisture and light
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P302+P352 P333+P313 P362+P364|
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required