Products & Informations
P-Methoxybenzaldehyde is naturally found in anise oil. It appears colorless liquid with the odor of hawthorn flower.
P-Methoxybenzaldehyde can be prepared by the oxidation of anesol, sommelet reaction of anisole, and the methylation P-hydroxybenzaldehyde, etc.
It is widely used in the preparation of fragrance.
APPLICATIONS & USES
- used as a fragrance ingredient
- used as a flavoring agent
- used as a triplet sensitizer to catalyze the photochemical intermolecular atom-transfer radical addition (ATRA) of haloalkanes onto olefins
- used as a stain for detecting non UV-active substances using thin layer chromatography (TLC)
- used in pharmaceutical
- used as intermediate in organic synthesis
- Soluble in ethanol, ether, acetone, chloroform, etc., soluble in benzene, insoluble in water. It can volatilize with water vapor.
|LD50 oral, rat||1510mg/kg|
|LD50 dermal, rabbit||5gm/kg min|
- Steel Drum, 200kg net each
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
S-phrases: S26-S36-S45-S36/37-S16-S7 | R-phrases: R22
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.