4-Ketoisophorone is also known as 2,6,6-Trimethyl-2-cyclohexene-1,4-dione. It is the major component of saffron spice.
It is a cydic olefin and was reported as a product of the thermal degradation of beta-Carotene in aqueous suspension.
|Synonyms||4-Oxoisophorone | Oxopholone | 2,6,6-Trimethyl-2-cyclohexene-1,4-dione|
Application & Uses
- used as a flavor for the preparation of tobacco and beverage essence.
- can be used for amber, citrus, tobacco flavor blending.
|Appearance||Yellow to pale yellow clear liquid or solid|
|Odor||Lightly woody sense, sweety tea and tobacco sense|
|Refractive Index, @20°C||1.4800 to 1.5000|
|Relative Density, @25/25°C||1.0250 to 1.0450|
|Content, by GC, %||98 min|
GHS Hazard Statements
|Response||P302+P352 P333+P313 P362+P364|
|Storage||no data available|
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required