Products & Informations
2-Methylpentanoic acid is colorless to slightly yellow liquid with strong pungent, unhappy acid odor. It is prepared by aldol condensation of propanal catalyzed by dilute alkali, then dehydroxylation, hydrogenation, and oxidation. It is mainly used in fragrance and flavor formulation.
APPLICATIONS & USES
- used in food and beverage flavoring, such as the flavor of tomatoes, strawberries, grapes, cocoa, chocolate, and coffee, etc.
- used in the fragrance formulation of daily commodities
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P301+P330+P331 P303+P361+P353 P304+P340+P310 P305+P351+P338+P310 P312 P363 P370+P378|
S-phrases: S26-S36/37/39-S45-S27 | R-phrases: R34
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.