Perillyl Alcohol is a naturally occurring monoterpene related to limonene with antineoplastic activity.
Perillyl Alcoho industrially can be obtained by dehydration of β-epoxy-pinane into diol in the presence of mercury salts. or using β-Pinene as raw material to produce perilla acetate, and then Perilla alcohol was synthesized by saponification.
|Synonyms||Dihydrocuminyl alcohol | Hydrocumin alcohol|
Application & Uses
- It is used for imitation of citrus, vanilla, fruit flavoring, food excipient, and preservative of soy sauce.
- organic synthesis of important intermediates, perillinol is the synthesis of perillinaldehyde, perillincapine and other key intermediates.
- Synthetic plant production regulators, agricultural insecticides and insect antifeeding agents.
- Perilla has unique medicinal effects and is used for organ transplantation, which can reduce the rejection of the allograft.
- Perilla, as a monoterpene drug for the treatment and prevention of cancer, has broad-spectrum, high efficiency and low toxicity in the anti-cancer effect, and has unique therapeutic effects in the treatment of tumors, such as an ovarian tumor, esophageal cancer, breast cancer, etc.
Features & Benefits
GHS Hazard Statements
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place