Products & Informations
Phenylethyl Alcohol (2-phenylethanol) is a primary alcohol that is ethanol substituted by a phenyl group at position 2. It has a role as a fragrance, a Saccharomyces cerevisiae metabolite, a plant metabolite, an Aspergillus metabolite and a plant growth retardant. It is a primary alcohol and a member of benzenes.
Phenylethyl Alcohol is found in almond. It is a component of ylang-ylang oil.
Phenylethyl Alcohol is a flavouring ingredient.
APPLICATIONS & USES
- used in food flavors, especially in honey, bread, apple, rose flavor and so on
- used in tobacco flavors
- used for blending rose essential oil and all kinds of fragrance, such as jasmine, lilac, and orange blossom fragrance, etc
- used as an additive in cigarettes
- Soluble in: Alcohol, dipropylene glycol, fixed oils, kerosene, mineral oil slightly, water, 2.199e+004 mg/L @ 25 °C (est) Insoluble in: paraffin oil
|LD50 oral, rat||1790mg/kg|
|LD50 dermal, rabbit||790uL/kg|
- flammable materials should be stored in a separate safety storage cabinet or room
- ground all equipment containing material
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P301+P312+P330 P305+P351+P338 P312 P337+P313|
S-phrases: S26-S28-S36/37-S36/37/39 | R-phrases: R21/22;R36/38
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.