Products & Informations
Isostearic acid is a lightly-branched, liquid fatty acid produced by the reaction of oleic acid with a natural mineral catalyst – there is no chemical addition in this reaction, isostearic acid is based 100% on the parent oil or fat. Isostearic acid is used in applications which require a liquid fatty acid with exceptional stability: thermal stability in the case of a lubricant, odour stability for a cosmetic formulation, and oxidation stability for products with long shelf-life requirements. The branching structure of isostearic acid also enhances its dispersing power, and it is used in cosmetic and industrial applications for the stabilisation of pigments and mineral particles in oils and solvents.
APPLICATIONS & USES
- for a cosmetic formulation
- industrial applications for the stabilisation of pigments mineral particles in oils and solvents
|LD50 oral, rat||64mL/kg|
- Iron Drum, 180kg net each
- containers of this material may be hazardous when empty since they retain product residues (vapors, liquid)
- do not store at a temperature exceeding 80 °c
- observe all warnings and precautions listed for the product
- outside or detached storage is recommended
- polymerization or oxidation of the unsaturated bonds may occur
- store in a dry, cool, well-ventilated area
- store in the dark
- use only containers, joints, pipes, etc., made in a material suitable for use with fatty acids
The above information is believed to be accurate and presents the best explanation currently available to us. We assume no liability resulting from above content. The technical standards are formulated and revised by customers’ requirement and us, if there are any changes, the latest specification will be executed and confirmed in the contract.