Coumarin is an aromatic organic chemical compound. It is naturally in many plants, notably in the tonka bean. It appears white crystal or crystaline powder with sweet odor.
Coumarin is used in the field of pefumery,cosmetics, and medicine,etc.
|Synonyms||1,2-Benzopyrone | Coumarinic lactone|
Application & Uses
- used in certain perfumes
- used as fabric conditioners
- used as an aroma enhancer in pipe tobaccos and certain alcoholic drinks
- used in the pharmaceutical industry as a precursor reagent in the synthesis of a number of synthetic anticoagulant pharmaceuticals
- used as an edema modifier
- used as dye lasers
- used as a sensitizer in older photovoltaic technologies
Features & Benefits
- Regulate plant growth, antibacterial and antiviral, anti-clotting, smooth muscle relaxation, absorbing ultraviolet and anti-radiation and other biological activity.
- Solubility: very soluble in ether, diethyl ether, chloroform, oil, pyridine; soluble in ethanol.
|Odor||like tonka bean|
|Content, %||99 min|
GHS Hazard Statements
- keep away from heat
- keep away from sources of ignition
- keep container tightly closed
- keep in a cool, well-ventilated place
|GHS Hazard Statements|
|Response||P301+P310 P321 P330|
Minimum Order QuantityQuote required
Lead TimeQuote required
Available IncotermsQuote required
Regional AvailabilityQuote required